Friday, December 7, 2012

Finding Blessing's In The Little Things

  Tomorrow is my birthday, and with that day comes an Angel Anniversary only two days after my birthday.  This year instead of looking at this day with dread, I find myself looking at this day seeing the blessings of the very little things.  Yes, I would of loved to have little Christopher Lani, here to join in the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ while playing with his two sisters.  But I also realize, that had Christopher stayed with us, I may not have had my Gabriella and I may not have been alive to share these brief thoughts with you. 
   I pray every day for every woman and man who has ever lost a child or children.  Because I know what a profound affect that has on you as a person.  If you have the honor of being an acquaintance, friend, or bosom buddy of mine then you will also know that I pray that each parent who has lost a child through infant loss born or unborn will be able to have their own rainbow baby some day.
     I am blessed you see because I have two very sweet wonderful little girls.  While my heart may yearn to give my husband a son.  I realize, that this is not the will of God right now.  I am blessed because I have the love and support of family, friends, and friends who are like family to me.  I share a bond with many women and men.  I pray that all of you may find peace and comfort this holiday season, to see what truly matters.  May God be with and bless each of you.  May each of you find the blessings in the littlest things, because it is in these blessing that you are able to truly understand the bigger things.  The amazement of a child, as they here the Christmas story for the first time in wonder and awe.  The joy and laughter of family and friends as you gather to sing Christmas songs.  While some of you may not feel like celebrating, know that your little one is in Heaven with their God and Maker celebrating our Messiah's birth with the Angels.

   Wishing each one of you a very Merry Christmas filled with love and peace!  May your New Year be filled with more joys than tears! In the words of Tiny Tim from The Christmas Carol, "God bless us, everyone!"

No comments:

Post a Comment