Saturday, December 10, 2011

A thought for today

I'm not sure what really to title the poem below. I wrote it for a child loss group I belong to on Facebook and well I decided to publish it here in my blog. I started writing this on the day that was exactly 3 years to the day that Christopher Lani grew his' wings and left the pregnancy too soon in the pregnancy. 
I think about you today, as I watch your twin sister play.
I think about you this hour, as I see the life that should of been your's.
I never got to hold you. I never got to see you. I never got to kiss you.
I did get to love you. I will love you always and forever, as long as that may seem.
I would trade places with you but your sisters they need me here.
Until I see you in Heaven, and kiss you sweet face.
Stay with God's and Grandparents who love and know you best.
Stay my sweet child, for one day I will meet you and greet you.
I'll spend eternity with you then and you'll know my love for you is forever and always.

Happy Wing Day, Christopher Lani Cormier, this is the first year we have a name for you. I wrote this poem just for you. It's been three years, and you are loved and missed.
I'm posting this today because I generally think about the post before posting it. Today, was my day spent with my therapist and I realize something. Maybe I'm over thinking some things way too much, but the one thing that I don't over think too much is the children that I miss. I pray every night before I go to sleep that God keeps me alive to see my grandchildren.  I pray that my daughters don't have to experience the same loss that I have with their siblings. I pray for guidance in how to raise my children up as good citizens, not only of this world but of God's everlasting kingdom.
These are just a few thoughts. Hugs to all of you out there. May you find some peace in your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment